Friday, December 02, 2005

Review and Editorial Rant

We get a lot of requests of book review and very few make it to the journal. I will be using this blog to post reviews and links to appropriate working class literature. Today's review is for the new book by Mike Palecek, called Looking for Bigfoot.

I am in the process of constructing the new Autumn issue of the journal and, having run into difficulties feel it's time to unload some frustration with an editorial rant. I had to pull 2 very fine poems from the issue due to the fact that the poet did not follow our simple guidelines by putting his or her name on their poetry. I usually catch this early on but at this point the poems may never be published because I don't know whose they are. I have added our Submission Guidelines to the journal web page. If you want to submit poetry, please follow the guidelines! Also, if you are published and like our journal enough to send more work, consider subscribing to support our efforts. This is a working class operation and funds to do it are always needed. 'Nuff said. Barring unforseen circumstances the next issue should be out in 2-3 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home